Monday, April 6, 2009

August's bike





August's frame is finally finished! And, having now put him on the trainer with a couple of different stems and spacer sets, I've been able to decide on a good position for his bars. We'll be off to paint just as soon as I've got a stem brazed together.

Polishing August's water bottle/rack bosses and dropouts ended up taking a ridiculous amount of time, but was a good learning process. Horror: discovering deep scratches on the dropouts after having installing wheels for the trainer session! Some of them aren't going anywhere. Ouch. They'll be covered by bolt heads once the wheels are on, but I'll know they're there. ...and they'll ruin my perfect pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product. It will be so sexy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your creations buddy, definitely sexy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi~ I'm Shawn from South Korea. I like to give useful information about Korea such as Korean culture, subway map, good place and so on. If you need some information about Korea. Feel free to contact me! Thanks a lot~ ^^

    ReplyDelete